The three maps illustrate the changes to a village called Kelsbey from 1780 to 2000.
, the key point to note is that with more and more people living here, there have been many significant alterations during
period, particularly concerning the public infrastructure.
In 1780, Kelsbey was a small community of only 100 homes, but it had a vast expanse of woods in the eastern part and four plots of farmland in the middle. In the west, there was a river running from north to south. By the year 1860, the number of households had doubled that in 1780,
, the size of farmland and wood was reduced by half.
, a bridge could be seen over the river and a road was constructed linking it to the residences.
140 years later, the farms and woods completely vanished because of the dramatically increased population, which was approximately two and a half times as much as before.
, several school buildings and sports fields were constructed at the southeastern corner of the village, which were connected with the residential area in the north by a newly-built road. At the same time, commerce began to emerge, so it could be seen that some shops standing along the lower reach, and a large stretch of wetland, where birds inhabited, was established at the southern end of the river.